Simple fried potatoes are made extra special with a dusting of spices and this recipe is excellent served with the cuttlefish tagine or as part of a selection of other vegetable dishes.
These recipes originally appeared in House & Garden magazine, photos courtesy of Oivind Haug.
- 1.5kg large waxy potatoes (such as Charlotte or Linzer)
- 200ml olive oil
- 1-2tsp fine sea salt
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 2tsp ground cumin
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp sweet paprika
- Peel the pots and cut into them 2cm cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large wide, low pan until very hot and fry the potatoes until brown and crisp on all sides.
- Add the salt and spices and toss well, frying for another minute so they absorb the flavours.
- Taste for salt and add another teaspoon as necessary.