Summer Recipes Pasta
Spaghetti al Limone
When life gives me lemons, this is the recipe I turn to to celebrate with: spaghetti al limone, the simplest of dishes which is best made with unwaxed Amalfi lemons whose zest and juice are the most fragrant.
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 Amalfi lemons
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Grated parmesan (about 50g)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes (or according to packet instructions) until al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it, keeping back a few tablespoons of the cooking water in the pan (this will help create a luscious sauce).
- Pour the olive oil over the pasta and mix well. Grate the zest of both the lemons, then squeeze the juice over the spaghetti. Add the parsley and grated Parmesan and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.