Kale and cashew pesto
Kale is a vegetable you are sure to see a lot of in winter so here’s a simple and healthy way to use it. This strong green brassica comes in all shapes and sizes, including black kale or Italian cavolo nero (pictured), beautiful purple leaf kale and Russian kale which has pretty, frilly edges.
This recipe originally appeared in House and Garden magazine.
- 100g kale, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 6-8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste with salt
- 80g cashews, crushed or finely chopped
- 40g parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to a smooth sauce.
- Add more oil if necessary to loosen it.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pasta, spread over grilled chicken or use as a dressing for vegetables and grains.